Release Notes 2018
Please note the current Release Notes are available here: BimlFlex Release Notes
Legacy Release Notes for BimlFlex 2018
The 63502 Bundle version requires that the BimlStudio 2018 R3 release is installed first.
Please download and upgrade from the following links:
- Add: new setting for controlling file loads from subfolders. The setting
SsisProcessSubfoldersis available in the Settings sheet. This controls if the SSIS flat file source load process should iterate through subfolders when loading files or not. The default setting
Nmatch the existing behavior. Update this setting to
Yto allow the load process to load all matching files from the defined folder and all subfolders.
- Add: Support for custom connection managers. Use an Extension Point to define a custom connection using Biml and use a source override to completely customize the source load process. A new System Type
Custom Systemhas been added that can be used with the
Custom ComponentConnection Type. Use the
Connection OverrideExtension Point from the
ConnectionExtension Points Ribbon area to override the connection using Biml.
- Add: Support for Excel file source connections. A new System Type
Excelhas been added that can be used with the
FileConnection Type. Using Excel sources in SSIS has several BimlFlex-unrelated dependencies. The correct Excel-compatible drivers for the SSIS and SQL Server version in use needs to be available and the SSIS Package execution normally needs to be run in 32-bit mode.
- Add support for multiple Link
ModelGroupingson a ModelSource Hub objects columns. It is now possible to add several Link groupings for a source table of type Hub. This allows the modeler to define multiple Unit Of Work groupings from a single Hub candidate source table.
- Update: the Azure blob storage file processing now works with uncompressed files. Use the Setting
ZipOutputFileto control compression of the generated file for blob storage and Azure SQL Data Warehouse. Note that the external table definition needs to match the compression used by the files in the external location.
- Update: A Hash Distribution Key optimization was added to the Link Satellite load process for Azure SQL Data Warehouse ELT loads. This should improve performance for Link Satellite loads where Hash Distribution is used.
- Update: the ELT Data Mart Batch process now implements parameterized connections as expected. Using a Project Parameter and a Connection string override will now spawn SSIS packages with the expected connection parameterization implemented.
- Update: A scenario where Azure SQL ELT load Stored Procedures were used together with replicated tables would result in references to hash distribution keys was addressed. ELT Load Stored Procedures are now properly created for loads from replicated tables.
- Update: a CDC source scenario where multiple LSN were mapped to the same timestamp for the could result in key collisions on load. A change in the load query takes this scenario in to account and creates unique timestamps for all CDC records for a given time, regardless of the associated LSN.
- Update: A feature update added an additional parameter to the exposed BimlFlex
GetSqlToBk()function. This additional parameter allows the creation function to cascade through references. This affected existing Extension Points using the function. A backwards-compatible version of the function has been added in this Bundle.
- Update: Added support for related tables where the related table has
Y. Previously the exclusion would potentially result in validation errors if the references were defined across projects. This update will allow cross-project references of Hubs to be able to build links without separate Hub load packages also being included.
- Add: support for XmlEscaping in the Metadata Instance for DataItem names. It is, however, not recommended to use
%characters in Metadata Entity Names.
- Update: names generated for the Script transformation for file conversion and zipping for Azure Blob storage destinations had a superfluous space. The names have been updated from
SCT - Convert and Zip <Name> Fileto
SCT - Convert and Zip <Name> File
DROP TABLEstatements to all ELT Stored Procedures to ensure minimum temp space usage in cases automated clean up fails to release temporary resources.
- Update: RowCount for file source objects are now logged on a per source file basis in the BimlCatalog. This allows separate row counts to be persisted in the BimlCatalog. Previously the row counts for files were transient and only the last file was persisted.
- Add: support for Point In Time and Bridge tables for Snowflake
- Update: ZipArchive functionality now zips files as expected in source file ETL SSIS packages
An update to the CDC source mechanism has been implemented in this Bundle. This requires both the Bundle and the BimlFlex database to be updated.
A scenario where multiple LSN numbers were mapped to the same completion time and where multiple updates to the same key was captured across these LSN's could lead to key collisions. This update allows any number of updates across a given transaction datetime. The derived individual
FlexRowEffectiveFrom datetime values are now also being derived in DateTime2(7) increments instead of the SQL Server CDC-process native DateTime resolution. This will minimize the risk for updates to the same key across LSN datetimes to result in key collisions. Note that BimlFlex captures all changes to keys and assign unique
RowEffectiveFrom values to each row. In a scenario where there are more changes introduced than there are time units available the load might fail due to Key collisions.
RowEffectiveFromDate_SsisExpression attribute value for default CDC load projects is now:
@[User::IsInitialLoad] ? @[User::ParentBatchStartTime] : DATEADD("ns",([__$rownumber] - 1) * 100, (DT_DBTIMESTAMP2, 7) [__$start_dt])
The updated CDC Source query format now match the below:
,CONVERT(VARCHAR(256), [__$start_lsn],1) AS [__$start_lsn]
,CONVERT(VARCHAR(27), CONVERT(DATETIME2, sys.fn_cdc_map_lsn_to_time([__$start_lsn])), 121) AS [__$start_dt]
,CONVERT(INT, [__$operation]) AS [__$operation]
PARTITION BY <KeyDefinition>, CONVERT(DATETIME, sys.fn_cdc_map_lsn_to_time([__$start_lsn]))
ORDER BY [__$start_lsn], [__$seqval]
) AS [__$rownumber]
- Add: new validator to check Data Mart objects and projects. For a Data Mart load the mapped objects needs to be in the same project. If table/view
sourceForFactTablehas source to target mappings to load to
FactTablethen both these objects needs to be part of the same project (such as project
Load_DataMart). This is enforced to ensure that multiple load processes are properly separated in BimlFlex.
- Update: to the end dating logic for SSIS PSA loads to allow multiple loaded updates to be end dated efficiently.
- Update: added additional Batch logic to separate multiple Batches in projects with multiple sources into separate Batch packages for Azure SQL Data Warehouse loads. The new Batch name will include the Connection Record Source (
BFX_LOAD_DV_AWLT_Batch). This allows multiple sources to be maintained within the same Project/Batch metadata even if there are object name duplications.
- Update: Fix issue with
DataVaultSSIS to accommodate nested
FlexToBk()columns, especially on Link Reference columns.
- Update: Fix inline file source column conversion when using
- Add: Configure batch name to include
AppendBatchNameconfiguration to front of
ELTSQL batches to allow additional naming convention.
- Update: an issue in the BimlFlex database resulting in errors when pushing projects when
Use My Exclusionswas set has been fixed.
- Update: Removed superfluous
nfrom SQLDW stored procedure.
- Update: Fix
SsisExpressionwhen Link hash key is derived from
- Update: The BimlFlex database sample metadata created connections with the character
Nin the provider field. This is not a valid provider for the sample metadata and has been removed in this build. Any existing projects based on the sample metadata with this character as provider should be updated and the
This bundle require a BimlStudio build greater than
Build 5.0.63175.0 and updated BimlCatalog and BimlFlex databases.
ModelGroupingto DataVault Accelerator. Please read this blog post for more information: Agile Data Vault Acceleration
- Add: Support for Data Vault
HierarchyLinks in the
ModelObjectType, including the ability to specify naming convention in the Settings using
- Add: Support for
SnowflakeSRC - STG - PSA including an SSIS Custom Task. This is work in progress and we are working with a customer in a private preview. This is in
BETAat the moment and not for production use.
GROUP BYclause to
Linklookups to return unique list when used with
ApplyLookupFilterDv = "Y"
- Add: Functionality to support file source in line expressions. You can now use
- Add: Extension Points
SourceErrorHandlingto provide greater flexibility when loading flat files
- Add: static package ID's to all generated SSIS packages. The package id is normally generated dynamically by the SSIS build process. By adding a static ID it is easier to track actual changes to packages.
- Update: Remove
Change Data Captureand
Change Trackingstaging tables to reduce table size
- Update: Extension Point
DvSourceOverrideto allow additional flexibility to the Data Mart and Data Vault process.
- Update: Extension Point
DvTargetPipelinePostto allow additional flexibility to the Data Mart and Data Vault process.
- Update: Extension Point
DwhType2Pipelineto allow additional flexibility to the Data Mart process.
- Update: Extension Point
DwhType1Pipelineto allow additional flexibility to the Data Mart process.
- Update: Extension Point
DwhInsertPipelineto allow additional flexibility to the Data Mart process.
- Add: Extension Points to provide additional flexibility.
- Add: Extension Points target
- Add: Extension Point
- Update: Fix
Change Data CaptureData Vault Satellite load with
- Update: Fix Error in Batch when multiple sources are mapped to the same target using ELT stored procedures.
- Add: Static DTSID to all connection managers based on the
UseGETUTCDATEconfiguration to BimlCatalog. This allows configuration of orchestration times to be specified in UTC time zone or the local time zone of the database.
- Update: the
ExcludeFromValidationhas been removed from the
- Update: a scenario in the BimlFlex Excel metadata management tool where filtered rows were included in selection when archiving, refreshing and cloning selection has been updated to the expected behavior
- Update: a scenario where the BimlFlex Metadata Importer was not importing when current selection was outside the Objects and Columns table has been updated to the expected behavior
- Update: the BimlFlex Excel metadata management tool is now applying Cell format
TEXTto Default columns so that contents identified as dates are not reformatted to internal Excel numbers
- Update: remove redundant Import Options for BimlFlex metadata import
- Update: add additional logic to
SchemaFilterin metadata import to ensure updates are managed as expected
- Add: additional
Clone Tabletarget object type options to the Excel metadata management tool
- Add: support for
Proper_Casein naming conventions in the Excel metadata management tool import metadata options
Behavior change - this bundle delegates the model object type definition task to the modeler. Review the destination logical model and the source system relationships and update the
ModelObjectType definition of object based on that. Previous releases used technical analysis of the source to prepopulate choices other than Hub.
Breaking change in feature.
Update: Rename Object Extension Point
PackageAddConnection. Please search your project for
extensionpoint="Connection" and replace it with
- Update: Fixed an LSAT IsDrivingKey Source select issue for multiple Driving Key columns not being a proper comma separated list
- Update: Data Vault accelerator now uses the
RowHashKeyconfiguration data type for relevant columns
- Update: Point In Time and Bridge tables now use their specified schema
ExcludeFromBuildflag now does not affect or exclude target objects
- Update: Support for BDV and Data Mart dimension smart keys when the Primary Key is not defined as an identity column. For scenarios where the Dimension Primary Key is not an identity column, derive the smart key in to the fact load and the process will use this key without doing a dimension surrogate key lookup.
- Add: Configuration for constraint mode for database layers that will toggle table references:
ConstraintModeDmto allow control of the creation of constraint for tables. Valid choices are:
- Add: additional configuration
AppendLoadFromPsaNameto allow control of the Batch and package name for the Reinitialization project (previous name prefix
- Add: additional configuration
DeleteSchemaNamePatternto allow control of the Delete table suffix (previous name
- Add: additional support for
ModelOverridenames during staging
- Update: Fixed an issue with the Delta DataFlow pipeline when the
RowSourceIdcolumn was excluded from the solution
- Add: support to the Data Vault Accelerator to Infer HUB if necessary when accelerating across sources. It is still recommended to have a self-contained set of Data Vault entities from each source, but for models where a source table references a Hub candidate from another source the accelerator will now derive the external Hub when needed
- Update: Fixed a Data Vault REF table lookup join and a SQLDW SAT join when custom distribution is defined
- Update: Accommodate safe file names for Salesforce tables ending with double underscore
- Add: BimlCatalog Connection to SQL Batch to enable support for Extension Points
- Update: ChangeTracking updated to support
SourceSqlvariable and expressions
- Update: Change Hub and Link lookups to use target delimiters instead of source delimiters.
- Add: support for
SettingValueat Project level
- Remove: Link Satellite as a
ModelObjectType. This is currently not a supported source object type in the Data Vault Accelerator
- Update: DateTimeOffset Scale when used with
DataTypeMappingsand the Data Vault Accelerator
Update: Data Vault
REF primary key now includes the
Update: PSA INIT loads no longer derive Data Type mappings again
IsInitialLoad precedence constraint updated.
Add: Support for
SourceProperty by Batch
Update: Derived Hubs from Links (to same Hub) no longer use same BK for second hub
- Update: added additional
CAST(@@this AS INT)to
SqlExpression. This allows a more natural interpretation of
falsevalues etc. into Integer values. The default behavior in an SSIS data type transformation is to interpret
-1. This added default cast allows
trueto be stored as
- Add: support for Delete tables using Create Table Script function
- Update: Fixed an issue in the
IsInitialLoadcheck in Data Vault ELT stored procedures
- Add: validators to check that
LINKto eliminate null object reference errors
- Add: BimlCatalog: 2 new views
rpt.LatestBatchExecutionsto provide quick overview of current executing packages and the last five batches
Breaking change in feature. The 63013 Bundle introduces a new feature that requires the BimlFlex database to be updated to the same version.
- Add: New Feature: support for Transient ChangeType. This can be used for columns that are used in the pipeline and excluded from the target and hashing - SSIS only.
Batchallowing specification of the max number of Sequence Containers included per batch.
- Add: New Feature: support for Microsoft SQL Server Change Tracking as Source Type.
- Add: support for ODBC based SQL ELT patterns to support calling of future Snowflake templates.
- Add: additional support to specify
AzureExternalFileFormatas a Setting
- Update: fix lookup on PSA for insert-only PSA scenarios, in some configurations the lookup still used the
RowEffectiveToDatefor the lookup
- Update: some scenarios where a
WhereSqlmetadata clause was added, an empty sequence container would also be added to the generated package
- Update: Optimize
PSAto allow for insert only
FlexToBk()support for DateTime with milliseconds
- Update: Change HUB lookup to reference staged BK and not derive FlexToBk again
- Add: validator for Alternate Derived Column that
ColumnAliasmust all be specified
- Update: parameters for Data Mart loads to use SourceTable parameters
- Add: Option for global, non-named LinkSatellites using
srs(Sans Record Source) as
- Update: Fix PSA reload logic to accommodate Variables in
- Add: support to add parameter to source queries using
- Update: PSA Merge SQL Statement now raises an error on transaction rollback for audit and logging
- Update: Lookup join from DV Satellites and Link Satellites now filter better on existing records
- Add: SSIS Delay Validation on Connections
- Add: support for
- Update: BimlFlex Utility to update new local application data folder location for template Bundle
- Add: Batch for re-initialization of all PSA to Staging packages
- Add: Validator for Self-referencing Business Keys
- Add: validator for BimlCatalog connection for
- Add: support for SQL Server 2017 for custom Script components
- Add: initial support for integrated source Delete detection
- Add: support for
ExcludeFromBuildobjects when using the Data Vault Accelerator
- Update: BimlFlex now exclude creation of external tables when
ExcludeFromBuildis set to
ObjectInheritsupport for BatchVariable Extension Point
LookupJoinExtension Point for
- Add: logic to convert
NTEXTSource columns to corresponding
VARCHARfor Blob storage loads to accommodate PolyBase
- Add: Validator to ensure Target Dimensions has a separate Business Key and Primary Key defined
- Add: a
CDATAwrapper to comments and descriptions to accommodate xml control characters. In certain scenarios some characters would introduce issues in the BimlStudio parsing of contents.
- Update: Satellite record compression to correctly identify initial rows. In certain scenarios an additional row was being created in Satellite loads. Record compression now works across these scenarios.
- Update: a configuration scenario where PSA updates were incorrectly identified as having the
IsCurrentflag present for end dating even if it was switched off in the Configuration.
- Bundle version number realignment
- Add: integrated Support for COZYROC Salesforce source SSIS custom component
- Add: support for Hash Distribution Keys in Inferred Hubs for Azure SQL Data Warehouse optimization.
- Add: Parent Batch requirement for nested projects. Existing Projects with a master Project without a Batch specified will need to be updated to include the main Batch.
FromSqlmetadata definition to support additional query logic, including hints like
- Add: New feature: Control if the Data Vault Accelerator should create Link Satellites for generated Links. New setting
DvAccelerateLinkSatellitehas been added to the
Settingssheet. This controls if Link Satellites should be accelerated. Breaking change This feature has a default value of
N, meaning no Link Satellites will be accelerated unless it is updated to
Y. Overrides can be created using attribute
SettingValuedefinitions for individual source tables.
The default setting for
Existing projects using Link Satellites should update it to
Y to maintain behavior
- Add: update
CREATE DATABASEdefault statements for generated SQL scripts to create databases with
Recovery Modelset to
- New: support for global Extension Point for Project Parameters. This Project Parameter will be added to all Projects
Use Extension Point
ProjectParameter with target
<#@ extension bundle="BimlFlex.bimlb" extensionpoint="ProjectParameter" target="@@global" #>
<Parameter Name="YourParameterName" DataType="String" IsRequired="true">DefaultParameterValue</Parameter>
- Fix: Issue with loading ELT into Data Vault for External Tables
- Update: Split
Use My ConnectionStringsand
Use My Exclusionsin BimlStudio and BimlFlex Excel Add-in configuration
- New: Add
SsisAnnotationsto all packages
- Update: Change RowCount object name for Data Vault loads to reference destination rather than source object
- Update: Fix behavior for Azure DW ELT not deriving BK columns
- Update: Fix behavior for SSIS Connection Managers for Azure DW connections
- Fix: an issue where
wcf.SetCloneVersiondid not correctly manage
- Update: Allow SSDT project to build when no tables are defined
- Update: Add warning validation for projects without defined target
- Update: Add support for
AutoAdjustBufferSizeSSIS setting for supported SSIS versions
- Add: support for SQL Server 2017 custom SSIS components
- Add: support for
DISTINCT, TOP nscenarios
- Add: support for
ORDER BY Columnscenarios
- Fix: Data Vault templates for SQL to load LSAT correctly
- New: Add
Quick Parseoption for BimlStudio options to only load placeholder objects when modeling
- Fix: A scenario where end dating of Satellites did not behave as expected
- Update: Optimization to SQL templates
- New: Add concurrency configuration to
- New: Refactor Data Vault patterns to exclude end dating code when
EnableEndDateDvsetting is set to
- Performance update to BimlFlex to use local cache when no changes to metadata
- Performance update to minify Biml files in cache
- Fix: Remove IsNullable warning for External Tables
- Fix: Remove double underscores from certain name generations
- Fix: Orchestration truncate statements now exclude database name in statement
- Fix: Synchronized LNK and LSAT Hashes for ELT loads for on-premises SQL Server
- Fix: Added Execution Id parameter to SSIS calls to Stored Procedures for ELT loads for on-premises SQL Server
- New: Use
Pagecompression for tables as default
- New: Added velocity profiling for PSA tables
- Fix: Connect PreDataFlow for FlatFile sources
- Fix: Added support to derive LSK columns when needed for external tables
- Fix: Update to Same As Link to derive both Hub sides
CONVERTto SourceQuery to accommodate SQL Server and PolyBase Maximum DMS row size limitations
- Fix: Removed Link Surrogate Keys from External Table definitions
- Added initial support to auto-generate SSDT projects for all SQL artifacts
- Change: Change PIT stored procedure to only use SAT FromDate to support insert only Data Vault
- Fix: Adding support for Same As Links in the Data Vault Accelerator
- Fix: Adding support for Azure Blob Storage for Connections to support both Azure SQLDW and Azure SQL VM
- Fix: Satellite Driving Key Lookups and Condensing Script
- Fix: Change BimlFlexUtility to remove temp folder before and after app runs. This is to avoid cached bundle from being deployed.
- Fix: PSA Source query to exclude source
- Fix: Link Degenerate Keys to map to Link and not LSAT
- Change: Remove dependency to define IsDerived on the Columns Table
- Change: Repoint DB2 import to use the SYSIBM tables instead of the SYSCAT tables.
- Change: BimlCatalog SetConfigVariable to handle additional "NULL" default dates '1899-12-31', '1900-01-01', '0000-01-01'
- Update Snapshot capture to database and add-in
- Update add-in to default IsNotPersistent for derived BusinessKeys on Import Metadata
- Change file compression to limit in memory compression to 2GB. Larger files will be compressed using FileStream to accommodate .Net limit
__Utilitysheet in add-in dynamic. Note this will raise Excel warning "Microsoft Excel will permanently delete this sheet...". Click Delete button and continue.
- Added Welcome documentation screen to BimlFlex Utility Application
- Added Release Notes screen to BimlFlex Utility Application
- Added Set Parameter for SQL based stored procedures
- Added support for Azure Blob Storage based staging
- Update to optimize Azure SQL Data Warehouse generated code
- Added additional logic to handle the
- Update to dv helper functions for Multi Active Key End Dating
- Update to accommodate a scenario where a Satellite exist with a Link and no Hub. This should not happen, but can if the Data Vault is modeled incorrectly.
- Update to
- Update to PSA parameters for Azure SQL Data Warehouse and Satellite End Dates
- Update to check is initial load before Data Flow Task for dimension and fact SSIS loads
- Add Ordering to the Data Vault Accelerator
- Update to End Dating of Multi Active Satellites
- Updates to row condensing script to accommodate change type if existing in data stream
- Refactor Data Mart Azure Data Warehouse Type 1 SQL logic and enable
SolveOrderin SQL Batch
- Update to Data Type Mappings for
User.DeleteImportFileto variables passed to file archive script
- Add Parameters to Stored Procedure Data Mart scripts
- Update to
RowChangeTypedefinition in Type 1 Azure SQL Data Warehouse code
- Refactor of
BEGIN CATCHto re-use error Variables
DataVaultProviderclass for optimization of Data Vault Azure SQL Data Warehouse code
IsInitialLoadproject parameter dependency.
IsInitialLoadis now automatically set by querying the PSA for existing rows
- Updates to dependencies in the SQL create scripts
- Updates to Create Table Script
- Updates to references in Data Vault Accelerator Publish function
- Internal Replacing of Tables classes with
- Update to INIT from PSA table name when STG and PSA database is the same database
- Rename dv flatten files to correct case
- Refactor Azure SQL Data Warehouse
DataMartclass to correctly End Date Type 2 Dimensions
- Added setting to Delete Import File without archiving
- Update to Initialize Object name in
- Update to
- Update to configurations for PSA merge statement
- Update to Data Vault Accelerator for duplicate indexes being previewed
- Added additional classes for Staging and Persistent Staging tables to simplify creation of Extension Points
- Update to
- Update to LSAT Data Vault Accelerator and SQL Scripts
TableConfigurationclasses to simplify Extension Points
- Added option to choose between SSIS optimized Hashing or SQL compatible Hashing in the configurations
[ ]delimiters in SSIS to accommodate lookup columns that contain spaces
sourceIntegrationStagevariable to all Biml templates
- Update to Data Mart Inferred Member support for columns with spaces and when no dimensions are to be inferred
- Update to SSAS placeholder files for adding Analysis services Extension Points
- Updated BimlFlex Utility Application to optionally redact Azure settings when exporting metadata
- Added logic for SSIS Expressions to be applied to files prior to data conversion
- Update to Data Vault Accelerator to add references to existing HUB if it already exists
- Update to BimlFlex Utility Application to allow filtering on Customer when creating a metadata export
- Update to BimlFlex Utility Application to allow automatic zipping of metadata export files
- Update to BimlFlex utility Application to always show changes to Connection Strings
- Update to accommodate issue with
ModelOverridenames in lookups and Data Vault Accelerator
- Update to Data Vault Accelerator logic to reuse existing Hubs when
- Update to indexes for PSA tables when
MultiActivekeys are used
- Potentially breaking change to SSIS Hashing Custom component. Use hashing compatible with Azure SQL Data Warehouse and other SQL based CHECKSUMS and HASHBYTES functions. When updating to using SQL compatible Hashing, all pre-existing Data Vault surrogate keys will need to be updated and rehashed from the Business Key
- Update to accommodate an issue with Duplicate Multi Active keys being created as Unique Keys
\nto simplify the Deploy Table Script
- Added logic to exclude any derived columns missing SSIS expressions for SSIS builds.
- Update to the Prefix/Suffix Logic in
StageWithColumnModelOverridein the configuration
StageWithObjectModelOverridein the configuration
- Update to Infer Hub lookup to use correct business key and error column
- Update to Lookup join to better accommodate differences between Sat and Lsat
- Update to Azure SQL Data Warehouse code where Decimal conversion could swap scale and precision
- Update to formatting of Point In Time Stored Procedures
- Update to
ObjectInheritanceto include the table for modeling
- Update to precedence constraints for File to Azure SQL Data Warehouse template
- Added support for ODBC parameterized queries as Expressions
- Updates to Object Model Overrides for Staging Layer
- Updates to remove the need to emit Staging objects when using PolyBase and Azure SQL Data Warehouse projects
- Added optional
CustomAttributesto enable ability to compile for
- Updates to BimlCatalog Orchestration to use Project Name when logging to accommodate duplicate package names
ApplyLookupFilterDvto filter SSIS lookups by joining to the Staging layer. This minimizes memory usage for lookup components. This cross database join functionality requires the databases to be co-located or the tables to be in the same database
- Added Lookup Filter for Surrogate Key Dimensional
- Added Foreign Key Lookups for dimension surrogate key lookups
- Updates to
RowCountSSIS Custom Component logic to add aggregate columns for source queries
RowCountSumto the Metadata model and Add-in drop down for
- Added validator to check that multiple source columns from a single source table aren't mapped to the same destination column
- Updates to Satellite End Dating to use correct table alias
- Breaking changes to the following Extension Points:
They now require
- Connection of DV lookups to sourceTable
#in table names for Oracle sources
- Added multi file import and load to PolyBase load pattern.
- Updates to UTF-8 Conversion
- Removal of 7-zip dependency. Zipping component will now use embedded compression features to gzip files
- Updates to BimlFlex configurations, now split into configurations and settings tables
- Updates to Custom SSIS Component signing
OverrideSqlfunctionality to both database and Extension Points to support custom SQL DDL object creation and custom SQL source queries
- BimlFlex Utility Application updated to support optional redaction of connection strings in metadata exports
- Update to UTF-8 conversion to support extended characters previously resulting in overflows
- Updates to support non-BimlFlex packages added to the BimlStudio project
- Updates to Primary Keys to support Heaps when loading files
- Updates to Mapped Source functionality to only hash mapped and/or derived columns
- Updates to
GetConfigurationsfor Persistent Staging during SQL ELT
- Updates to SQL ELT Data Mart code for Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Updates to Link lookups for Business Keys to match new Link Satellite process
- Additional Source Connection Validator added
- Updates to Azure SQL Data Warehouse Hash Distribution keys for Persistent Staging
- Updates to LSAT Driving Key behavior for multiple Keys
- BimlFlex Utility Application updated with redaction of SQL login passwords
- Added Extension Point process for Blob Storage archiving using PowerShell
- Updated BimlFlex Utility Application to support deployment to Azure SQL Database
- Updates to Persistent Staging lookups when Staging and Persistent Staging are co-located in the same database
- Updates to SQL Server CDC load functions
- Refactor of Data Mart process to create Type 1 and Type 2 Stored Procedures
- Updated formatting in BimlFlex Utility Application
Bundle 70724 and earlier
- Added metadata model validators to the bundle
- Added initial support for toggle-able output of flat Biml and DDL for entire BimlFlex solution on build
BimlFlexJsonImporterto import customer metadata.
- Added Json MetadataDump and add DebugUserSettings to allow Varigence BimlFlex Support to simulate a user project
- Fixed an issue with
BimlCatalogWrapperproject for OpenSource
- Added support for same name for STG/PSA database
- Fixed an issue with Flat File template
- Fixed an issue with
IsInitialLoadand Add Inferred Hubs from Sat and Links
- Fixed an issue with PSA Merge Alias for PrimaryKey Join
- Fixed an issue for PSA and
- Added AllowCustomInput to the DropDowns that should be optional
- Added Delete entities with selection and update mdv procs.
- Fixed an issue with FlexToBk with
@@rslength and Validators for
- Added support for multiple Multi-Active keys (MAK keys)
- Added Table CDC Object Types for SQL Server CDC Source objects
- Added modeling Support for Multi Active Satellites and Customer columns to MDV
Infer Hub functionality
- Added functionality to infer loading of Hubs from Link source tables
- Added check for InferHub configuration into SQL procedure creation
Table creation scripts
CreateSqlscript to include Schema and PSA where in some instances they would be missing
OverrideSqlcheck for PSA INIT to ensure that the
OverrideSqlis not applied twice
Data Type management
- Added extended support for some SQL Datatypes such as Geometry and Geography
- Fixed CustomTypes in BimlDataType
Data Vault Accelerator
- Added Custom Type logic to Data Vault Accelerator
- Enable SchemaGraph documentation and Fix DV publish with saved user settings
- Fixed issue with DV Accelerator publish using stale but cached metadata database credentials
PostSqlExtension Points. This allows for easier custom definitions for SQL scripts, such as for injecting compression definitions into table create scripts
- Fixed issue with PIT Extension Point for
- Added functionality to map data types into Staging and DV. This enables expansion of data types to accommodate future source system changes
- Added Stored Procedure
wcf.SetApplyDataTypeMappingsto support DataTypeMappings
- Fixed DataTypeMappings when target columns exist
- Fixed DataType mappings for Source to Stage adding Data Conversion and Error Handling
- Added additional variables and fix data type mappings.
Oracle Rdb support
- Add initial support for Oracle Rdb
- Add IgnoreSchema for Oracle Rdb integration
- Add logic to exclude schema name from source queries for Oracle Rdb
- Updates to Custom Components DLL names. Existing installations using legacy names should consider an upgrade to new names.
- Adding check for Sat cache directory and clean up
- Fix PSA INIT load Source thread
SsisExpressionfor LSK columns to correctly use
- Added SQL Server CDC source component
Azure SQL Data Warehouse
- Fixed issue with
File to Staging
- Added File archiving to File to Stage Template
Initial Release of separate BimlFlex Support Utility Application
- Has latest database definitions and BimlFlex Bundle files embedded
Supports the following functions
- Deploy BimlFlex metadata database to SQL Server
- Deploy BimlCatalog orchestration database to SQL Server
- Copy BimlFlex Bundle file to installation folders. Search for and replace BimlFlex Bundle files in project folders
- Read metadata for a Customer/Version from BimlFlex database and save to file for easy submission to Varigence BimlFlex Support team for issue resolution